Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Day Nineteen: Life during med school

I think when you sign-up to attend medical school, you don’t sign a pact saying you will work hard, but you do sign an understood pact saying you will tell everyone else in the world how hard school is. People in my class joke all the time that they will do something, “oh when I get my life back in eight years.” I have a hard time believing that in eight-years when I (God-willing) have a wife, kids, beeper, and a practice I will have more free time than I currently do. I am not absolutely abounding in free-time and I do spend most of it in a slightly vegetative state to repair my brain, but I really don’t think I am busting my tail any harder than entry-level professionals working crazy hours. That said, you may want to get someone’s perspective who passed their last anatomy exam.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

true. and funny. but not:)